29 August 2009

Pink, BEGONE!

I'm not a pink person. Never have been, never will be. But this house has been pink (or rather, mauve) since we moved in 15 years ago. Pink shutters, pink trim. Never mind that the base color of the house is called "Smoke." It takes on a pinkish cast, too.

A few years back, we had the house repainted...in pink. Why? The builder had left us plenty of extra paint, so it only made sense to use it up.

BUT NO MORE! It's time to repaint and *sadly* we have no more old paint to use. So the time has come to get rid of the pink!



Anyway, given that I think in cardstock colors, I decided to look through my Bazzill swatch book to find an appealing, less obnoxious color scheme.


Hmmm...I think we'll stay away from Rosey and Misty Rose this time. :-)

For the base of the house, we'll be going with my favorite Bazzill tan (which was discontinued a few years ago and never adequately replaced!) -- Tanner. The shutters and wrought iron will be Raven. The scalloped trim and vertical boards will be a lighter version of Tanner, similar to Wheat but in the same color family. I think that this new color palette will blend much more harmoniously with our charcoal-colored roof. And I'm thrilled that I will no longer have to buy pink annuals for the pots on my front step!

Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks for updates on the Ridding of the Pink.

And watch for some awkward happy dancing in the street by yours truly. :-)



5 comments:

Janet said...

In my great excitement, I completely forgot to take a final picture of the house before the painter started removing the shutters. (We've purchased new black ones, by the way, so I'll be taking the old ones to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. They CAN be painted a different color!)

Heather said...

I can't wait to see the new look. Great color choices!

Jill said...

Oh yeah, also not a pink person. Can't wait to see the "after" pictures! I'm going to link to your chicken blow drying post, btw. I hope you don't mind. I also linked to it off my facebook page & people liked it!

Kristina said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I like your choices a lot.

Linda said...

You are a better woman than me, I would have changed the color a long time ago and donated the paint. :) I can't wait to see your new house.