24 November 2008

Kreative Blogger Award and a bit of randomness

We've had a crazy-busy past few days, which means I've been a bad blogger. Hope to get back in the saddle again this week, although it's somewhat questionable because...

sit down...

I am HOSTING Thanksgiving this year. Given my track record in the kitchen, all I can say is this:

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Hopefully no relatives will be harmed in the eating of the dinner. On the flip side, perhaps some good blog material will result.

Okay, continuing on...

I received this nice blog award from Toni and Sarah C. Thank you, ladies! Your blogs inspire me daily with creativity and positive messages!


Here are the rules of the Kreativ Blogger award:
  1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
  2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
  3. Nominate 5 blogs.
  4. Provide links to their blogs.
  5. Leave a message for your nominees.
I am nominating Lily, GingerKitty, Fonda, Kristina, and Cheri. Enjoy!

* * * * *

Random Photo Tag


Heather tagged me recently with this fun little assignment. You go to your pictures, open the 4th folder, and find the 4th picture, and share it on your blog. Then tag four of your friends to do the same thing.

Heather may not realize how hard it is for me to be random!! lol Of course, I had to analyze how my folders should be sorted in order to generate the 4th folder -- date order, size order, date modified...I finally settled on a sort and chose the 4th photo in that 4th folder, although it may get me in some trouble with Daughter. (Which is why I'm burying this at the bottom of another post!)



This photo was taken in 2005 at the state fair. Daughter (looking QUITE a bit younger then) had created an interactive poster about the fair to enter into a youth competition. (Gosh, can you tell that she likes straight lines and grids? This may be the ONE thing we have in common!) I do believe she received a blue ribbon for her effort.

Thanks for tagging me, Heather! This was a fun exercise, and harder than you can imagine, since there is hardly a random bone in my body! I'm tagging the following bloggers...Have fun!

Benita
Toni

Sarah C
Lynn
Sue

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the award Janet! Very well deserved! And I love your random photo.

Sarah Coggins said...

LOL The first thing that jumped out at me about Daughter's poster were the straight lines! I thought "yup, definitely inherited that from Janet." hehe :D

I'll take you up on that challenge. And great choice of blogs to pass the award on to!

Heather said...

Thanks for playing along! Cute pic! :)

Lida said...

Congrats on your award you deserve it! I´ll try to do the challenge.

Jill said...

Cute photo & neat looking poster! Congrats on the award & good luck hosting Thanksgiving! I'm sort of like doing that too, kind of...that is a bunch of my relatives are coming here to eat, but I think most of them are bringing food with them!

toners said...

This was a fun tag! Thank you!!