30 March 2018

Feline Friday: Shedding Season!

 It's still pretty chilly here in Iowa, but I have noticed a few green tips poking up in my garden. Plump robins are hopping around the yard, and buds are forming on the trees. These signs can only mean one thing:

IT'S SHEDDING SEASON!
Time for kitties to shed the old winter coat and make room for the new spring coat -- which looks very much like the old winter coat, but with less fluff!

I may have shared the wonders of the FURminator in previous posts, but it bears repeating: If you have a kitty, you need this brush! 

Now I will say that in Tinsel's later years, the tines were a bit too sharp for her so I had to use it very gently on her coat, but if you have a fluffier kitty like Lily, it works WONDERS. I've had a variety of brushes over the years but none came close to the FURminator!
 
 I brush Lily quite regularly and EVERY TIME I brush her, this is what I get.
As I brush, the fur just rolls off of her. I seriously don't know where it all comes from!

Lily loves being brushed! As soon as she sees the FURminator, she runs right to it and gets in the brushing position (AKA flopping on the floor). And as soon as it gets warmer outside, we'll do our brushing sessions on the patio which she REALLY loves! Apparently there's nothing quite like rolling around on the cement! 😊

Lily knows how pretty she looks with her new spring outfit!

 jp


1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love the furminator! I swear we take a whole cat off of Tucker when we brush him. He isn't as good about grooming because of his age and girth. None of our mind us brushing them, I think they all like it.