11 February 2016

A Few Recent Cards

 Sorry for the lack of posts this week! I've been up to my ears in designing class projects, writing instructions, and making kits. I'm making progress and enjoying the creative process but I think I'm getting slower all the time. At least it feels that way this week!

One of the things I've neglected of late is my own stash of cards. I find that really funny because I teach SO MANY card classes! :) I've needed a few cards lately and found myself scrambling to create them on the fly. It's much better to have a good card inventory on hand. What's that old saying about the cobbler's children having no shoes? Yep, that's me right now: SHOE-LESS! One of these days, I really need to devote an entire day to replenishing my stash.
 
One can never have too many thank you cards on hand but when I checked my card basket, there were none left. I decided to do a stenciled background on this card using Distress Ink. It was quick and fun, making me wonder why I don't use my stencils more often! So while I was at it, I made a couple of extra stenciled backgrounds to use on future cards.

 Of course, my daughter always gets a personalized card for her birthday. She's a fan of hedgehogs so when I found this cut file on the Silhouette website, I knew it would be perfect for her birthday card. It was simple to make: I just printed the text then sized the hedgehog to fit the card front. I mailed the card inside a box with some birthday gifts so I took the opportunity to decorate the envelope to match.

 This year I only sent one Valentine (how sad is that?). For this card for my daughter, I went straight to my stash of extra die cuts (the heart, arrow, and "love") then found a patterned paper to match. When I remember (ha!), I also like to line the envelopes. It gives a nice finished presentation to the card.
 Here's to finishing up my projects so I can get back to blogging...and card-making! :)
jp


1 comment:

Kimberly Marie said...

You do such a nice job on your cards, Janet. Anyone would love to receive something as beautifully homemade as those that you've made!