24 April 2014

April Round-Up

Well, blogging friends, another week has gone by and my blog still sits neglected. I know I've promised to do better, but I'm just not quite there yet. The good news is that this month I've made progress toward finishing up some big stuff. By this time tomorrow, I will have closed on the last of my parents' four properties. This means that I can officially settle the estate, and that is a huge weight off my mind. I have a long way to go in putting my life back together, but finishing up all of that business allows me finally turn the page and start anew.

With that in mind, I have started a few additional projects for the store where I teach. For the past few days, my craft table has looked like a tornado hit it. I swear, I clean it up after every project, then it looks like this again within 30 seconds!

In addition to more crafty projects, I'm looking forward to getting back into gardening. This spring, I hope to finally correct some of the issues which have plagued me for years. My gardens were pretty neglected last season, which only served to exacerbate the existing problems. I recently decided enough is enough, so I contacted a gardening expert who will be visiting within the next couple of weeks to help me re-design my flower gardens. I'm pretty excited about that!

But the very best thing about April was visiting our daughter
at Indiana University to see her senior percussion recital. I can hardly believe she's finishing her fourth (but not last) year of college. She worked very hard preparing for her recital and did a fabulous job. I'll post more about that later (with videos, if she'll let me share them!) but for now, here's a photo of her picking up her recital programs! We are so proud of everything she has accomplished in the past four years!

So all in all, it's been a good month. I'm moving forward, albeit slowly. Here's to a productive, happy spring!


No comments: