21 July 2013

Sentimental? I Think So.

 My parents' home is like a time capsule.

I'm quite serious about this. Many (I should say MOST) of the things I grew up with are still there, just as I left them. Every drawer, every closet, every shelf seems to evoke a memory. I'll write more about that later as it gets easier for me to put words to my thoughts.

In the midst of this sad process, I've had a few laughs as I've encountered memorabilia I saved over the years. This is one that made me smile. I've always been very sentimental but in case you had any doubt, here's proof: 

In this box, I found every corsage, bouquet, or single flower I received during my junior high and high school years, packed carefully away with a note documenting each one.
 

I'll show you just a few of the treasures in this box. Note that in these photos, I've removed the name of the giver to protect the innocent. Here's a bouquet I received with a box of Peanut Butter Cups.
 

Here's a lovely bouquet of red roses, given when I was hospitalized in 7th grade for a serious bladder infection traced to excessive use of bubble bath.
 

Awww, here's one of many prom corsages, this one for the theme "Southern Nights". Extra points here for thorough documentation.
 

 I'll admit that I did consider, if only for a few seconds, taking the box home with me. Then I came to my senses and, after taking pictures of all the now-crunchy flowers, I decided to let them go.
 

But those notes? I gathered them all up and brought them home. Sentimental? I think so.
 jp

1 comment:

Kristina said...

What a cool find Janet! I would have done the exact same thing. Took photos for a future scrapbook page and then tossed them away.