11 March 2013

Recipe: Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

 Okay, does it seem like this is turning into a recipe blog? I assure you, it is not and never will be such. I have enough trouble in the kitchen that no one should look to me for culinary advice! Having said that, however, when I find a recipe that 1) is yummy and 2) is simple enough for me to make, then I think it's worth sharing!

When I organized my recipes recently, I ran across this particular one which I had saved but never tried until this week. It's definitely a keeper and smells absolutely heavenly while cooking. You could enjoy it over rice or pasta.

  Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken 
Allrecipes.com 

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water (I'd add a little more water or broth next time to better cover the chicken)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley 

Directions: 
In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.

In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.

Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time. (Oops, I just now realized I added the parsley 6 hours too soon. Oh, well. It worked just fine!)
 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh that looks yummy! I'll have to try that one! I love the crock pot - it's always such a relief to have dinner taken care of early in the day.