05 April 2012

Lucky 8 Projects

This month, I'm doing some tool demos at Memory Bound, so I've had the opportunity to play with a few new toys. The first tool I've been working with is the new WRMK Lucky 8 "Classic Wreath" punch. The Lucky 8 punches, which come in several styles, create a decorative edge on 12x12 cardstock or paper in just 8 easy punches. There are actually three designs on each punch -- the "combined" punch which you see in the tool photo below, the "outer cut", and the "inner cut". The punch can be used (on the "outer cut" setting) on smaller sizes of paper, too, to create unique designs.

 Here's a page sample I made with the "combined" setting on a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper. I used Black Onyx Liquid Pearls around the paper edge. Couldn't resist using this photo of baby Lily taken a few years back! :)

My next sample was made with the "inner cut" setting on a full 12x12 sheet of cardstock. After punching, I cut the cardstock down slightly to mat it on the white background. The inner cut is a nice design which could be used in all sorts of ways.
 
In the example below, I used the "outer cut" on a 6x12 piece of white cardstock. Paper or cardstock punched with this border could be used in so many ways. (Hopefully Bailey will not be too upset that I posted this old Halloween photo!)
  

The Lucky 8 punch can also be used on cards. Here I punched a corner from white and light blue and layered them on the front of the card. Of course, I had to add a few dots of silver Liquid Pearls!

 Finally, I made a mini-album using  6x12 paper punched with the "combined" and "outer cut" settings to create a front and back cover. I used half-circle pages inside the mini-album and (of course!) a bit of pink Liquid Pearls on the cover. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture with the coil binding in place, but you'll get the idea!

I found the Lucky 8 punch to be quite easy and fun to use!


2 comments:

Heather said...

OOH! I love those!! I love the pages/card/album you did. How versatile! Now I have something to add to my scrappy wish list...Thanks for enabling!! ;)

Kristina said...

I'm going to have to check these punches out! TFS! I had seen them online but I like the examples you show.