25 July 2006

The Things They Never Told Me

Nobody, not one single person at the adoption place, told me that one Friday evening, around 11:30 pm, I'd be scooped out of my warm and toasty bed and pushed into a pink dress with a plaid apron.

Nobody warned me about two giggling teenage girls with a half-eaten sack of potato chips and a box of doll clothes just my size.

Nobody told me about the crazed mom with a camera, posing me to get a perfect shot for some ridiculous scrapbook page.

Did I miss something here? Why did no one tell me this was part of the gig?

But you know what? I would have gone to live with these people anyway. They love me and feed me turkey and play with me every single day, and only occasionally do they make me dress in pink.

I can deal with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, Janet! You need to make a "Lily" calendar with all of these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lily: "What happened?? Do I get extra turkey for this gig? Who do I call to get my union rep?"

Unknown said...

Sheep in clothes, kittens in clothes. What is up with you and animals dressed in clothes????

You crack me up!!!!

CircesMagic said...

Great photos..being a multi-cat lover myself I can relate to wanting to dress them up, especially if they let you!

Maureen said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Hilarious! Poor kitty...reminds me of my young daughter dressing up our cats in Halloween costumes she made for them one year. Our older cat freaked out and slipped out of hers right away, but our other kitten kept her cape on all night... she tolerates nearly anything!