18 July 2006

Getting Back on Track

Last week was totally out of control for me. I ended up doing several things that I hadn't planned and actually forgot to look at my calendar one morning. That afternoon while hurriedly picking up some stuff at Target, my cell phone rang. It was dd.

"Mom, did you realize you missed your hair appointment?"

Immediately, my stomach flip-flopped and my heart sank. This was not just a regular appointment for a cut, but a much lengthier perm appointment. I felt absolutely horrible about missing the appointment and was nearly in tears when I reached the wonderful gal who cuts my hair. I thought about how I could possibly make this up to her.

So tomorrow when I go for my appointment (and I WILL remember it), I'm taking her this little tin and mini-album that I made this morning. I'm hoping that she'll enjoy it and it will, in part, make up for my space-cadettedness. (Is that a word? I think I just made that up.)

3 comments:

Sofia said...

That is so sweet of you! What a gorgeous gift. I'm sure she'll love it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Janet did you maybe forget that you were coming today at 8am to teach me some computer skills??
I would like to be on the receiving end of your forgetfulness. You are such a sweetie. Your stylist will love it!

Anonymous said...

She will love this (hey, I love it!) It's a great little gift and the paper you picked is lovely.