03 April 2019

Scrapbooking: Where Am I?

 Have you ever woken up from a dream and wondered where you were? That's what happened to me earlier this week, but it wasn't a dream. It was a scrapbooking fog!

 I have been mired in vacation scrapbooking for so long now that I had totally forgotten where I left off in my chronological scrapbooking. I thought I was ready to work on 2008 but it appears that I have actually finished that year!

This discovery was sort of an out-of-body experience because I seriously do not remember completing those albums. It has all blurred together -- all the Christmas and all the state fair pictures sort of glom together in my mind.

I feel a little discombobulated on which years/events I have finished and which have yet to be done so....

I FEEL A NEW CHECKLIST COMING ON! 😅

Long story short, it appears that I'm ready to work on 2009, which would have been Bailey's sophomore/junior school years. The very good news is that I finished most of that year as I was preparing for her graduation. But as usual, I skipped over a few events here and there so I have a small basket of photos to add plus a few which still need to be printed.

On balance, this Scrapbooking Situation is rated: 
Not Bad at All!

I also have three folders of 2008 memorabilia to sort through and possibly add to the albums. I know I've said this before but storing my memorabilia in hanging folders for each year has been the best thing ever. It makes it super easy to find and add to pages or sleeves. If you're not already doing this, drop everything and do it now! 😊
 

So with my next task now figured out, I'd best get back to work. I look forward to having all of Bailey's school years completely done -- and I'm getting closer to that!

 Now we won't talk about years 2011 to present -- or any years prior to 1996. That Scrapbooking Situation would be rated: DIRE! But that's a problem for another day...

If you're in catch-up mode with me, let's keep going! Be encouraged and keep at it, and you'll begin to see progress. 

Thanks for stopping by today!
jp


1 comment:

Kimberly Marie said...

It’s great that you’re in the homestretch of Bailey’s schooling scrapbooks! I like your idea of putting related memorabilia in hanging folders!