14 April 2019

From Christmas to Easter Decor

TRUE CONFESSION:  I'm STILL in the process of packing up some of my Christmas decorations. (I KNOW....it's terrible!) I'm trying to re-organize as I put stuff away so it's taking FOREVER. Still, I really should be done by now!

Anyway, as I was sorting through Christmas decor,  I ran across this small tree and decided NOT to put it away quite yet!
 

You might remember that a few years ago, I found this little tree -- still with the tag! -- on the curb in a "natural" shade of hot pink. It only took 100 cans of spray paint to cover the pink!
 

This curbside tree turned out to be a great little find! I've used it every year since then, decorating it in a variety of different ways at Christmas. 

So since I still hadn't put it away for the season, I thought I might try using it for Easter. And I like how it turned out!

 Tree in hand, I dug around in my holiday boxes for suitable decor. I found a set of eggs I purchased a few years ago. At the time, I added ribbon to each egg by attaching it with a pin. The eggs had been tucked away unused, so I decided to hang them on the tree.

Then I discovered a set of ceramic birds I'd totally forgotten! I bought them to match the eggs, but they had also been stored away for many moons.

So with the eggs and birds in place, I'm happy with how my little Easter tree looks! It's just the right amount of Easter decor for me.

And as a bonus, I've now justified my extreme tardiness in putting away my Christmas decorations! 😉
jp

No comments: