18 January 2019

Feline Friday

Back in August, I had to take Lily to the vet to have her anal glands expressed. At the time, I put her on a 6-month proactive schedule to have this procedure done. I hoped that would be the "right" frequency to keep that yucky gunk from building up and making her uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, she didn't QUITE make it to her February appointment before she started scooting again. So I called the vet and took her in this week. In addition to the scooting, I noticed she seemed glum and inactive. Not in pain, mind you, but just quiet for Lily.

 She handled the ride to the vet like a champ -- not a peep out of her. I've found that putting a towel or blankie over the carrier makes her feel more secure. Try it!

 The appointment itself went well, too. While sedated, the vet trimmed her nails and examined her. That's the only way Lily can be handled at the vet. She checked out just fine, other than her weight which is...ahem...11.8 pounds, up slightly from the last visit. It's that holiday weight gain!

When we got back home, I noticed that the fur around Lily's bottom had been neatly trimmed which just made me laugh. It's a new look for her! 

After a snack, I tucked her in for a long nap.

She rested most of the day and evening.

And now she's back to her usual self, running to greet me at the door, begging for food, and even playing again.

So glad she is FELINE better now!
Happy Feline Friday!
jp


2 comments:

Kimberly Marie said...

Awww, poor girl! So glad she’s “feline” better, too. Those anal gland problems can be tricky business!

Janet said...

Thank you! Now that we're on a quarterly schedule, hopefully I can keep on top of this (maybe I should say BOTTOM!!) a little better! :)