17 August 2018

Feline Friday

Lily has recovered nicely from her trip to the vet last week. Although she was no doubt sore from the procedure she had to express her anal glands (EWWW), I think the vaccine actually had the most effect on her. In my experience, kitties have a good 24-48 hours of extreme fatigue after receiving the rabies/distemper shot.

True to form, Lily was absolutely zonked out for about 36 hours. I gave her my sweatshirt to sleep on, hoping it would provide an extra dose of comfort!
 

I had to check her frequently (especially during the night) to be sure she was still breathing. (She was!) Her appetite was good (no surprise there!) but she preferred to have me bring her meals in bed rather than actually get up and go to the kitchen. Of course, I dutifully complied. :)

During that period of time, she didn't want to be picked up or handled in any way. It was hard to tell exactly what part of her hurt, although I'm sure her bottom was pretty sore. So I just let her be.

Then suddenly at about 3 in the morning, she decided she was totally recovered! She hopped up, went to the drawer where I keep treats in the nightstand (I know...I know...) and asked for some. She had the crazy idea that she needed to get lots of extra treats to make up for lost time! (And she pretty much got her way on that!)

 She's now back to all of her usual activities, which includes napping -- but not QUITE for 36 hours straight!

She has been back on my lap in the evenings, as usual...and on my tummy or legs during the night. She can be very cuddly, but only when she wants to be!
 

 I have noticed a positive difference in her playfulness. She's been quite active in recent days, which makes me think she had been uncomfortable longer than I realized. :( We sure won't let that happen again. 
 

I am so glad everything worked out and my little buddy is back in tip top form!
 Happy Feline Friday, everyone!
jp


No comments: