21 November 2017

Halloween/Fall Decorating

I kept my Halloween/fall decorating to a minimum this year, mainly taking out pieces that could stay up through all of the fall, not just at Halloween. As I was looking through my boxes, I noticed how many items I have that either came from my mom or were purchased on the cheap at a thrift store, Target Dollar Spot, or even the Dollar Tree store. If you're selective, you can find really nice seasonal items!

One of the few Halloween decorations I did put up was this "EEK" sign. I found it at Target a few years back and it's still one of my favorites!

I found this adorable little acorn candle holder at Goodwill over the summer for 99 cents. It looks like a fairy house! So cute with a tea light.



A couple of my fall pumpkins belonged to my mom and the others cost next to nothing! The white pumpkin and the little stand are thrift store finds. I got the fake wood "round" at the Target Dollar Spot last year.

I also found this cute spiderweb candle holder at the Target Dollar Spot this fall. Can't beat the price! Whenever I'm at Target, it's always worth a stop in that area -- although it can be dangerous! 😊

 I put a few more fall items on the little bookcase that belonged to my parents. I really like having a space like this in the entry way that can be changed with the seasons. The "Fall" canvas was a class I taught for Memory Bound last year, and the little pumpkin came from the Dollar Tree!

 Spouse and I also carved the pumpkins we picked out and put them out on Trick-or-Treat night. 

 His pumpkin had a really cute face with curved lines. Mr. Pumpkin obviously has his eye on that green striped one next to him!

 I opted for straight lines -- quick and easy...

  ...although when I finished carving it, I realized my pumpkin was looking at the sky! But he still looked cute when lit with a candle.

This year, I also got out this old seed picture which I brought home from my parents' house at the time of their estate sale. Believe it or not, my second grade class made it (along with a Pilgrim man) for Thanksgiving that year. After displaying it in our classroom, we drew names for who got to take them home, and I won the Pilgrim woman. My parents kept it for me ALL THOSE YEARS and now she has a place of honor for Thanksgiving!

 Of course, Lily had to thoroughly check out the Pilgrim seed woman. Inspection: Passed!



It's hard to believe, but -- ready or not! -- it will soon be time to take down the fall decor and put up Christmas decorations!

 jp








No comments: