19 November 2017

Fall Pumpkin Picking

 
 I'm a little behind with this post, but the pictures are too pretty not to share!

For the past few years, I've been visiting a "pop-up" pumpkin shop. The pumpkins and gourds are actually grown on a farm near the town where I grew up, and I think they're the most beautiful -- and varied -- I've ever seen.

I especially love the white and light-colored pumpkins. So pretty!

  I also love the bumpy/ridged ones!

And the gourds with curved necks!

And the green ones! Some are "birdhouse gourds" and some look like apples.

 And of course, if you need a regular orange pumpkin, they have plenty to choose from!

Stems are really important to me, and most of their pumpkins have beautiful stems.
 

I mean LOOk at those twisty, long stems!

I really do love them all! If you're in central Iowa, I highly recommend Pumpkin World for all of your pumpkin needs!
jp


2 comments:

Kimberly Marie said...

You’re right! Those are a beautiful variety of any kind of garden grown Autumn decor a person could want! We used to grow the apple and goose neck gourds.... miss doing that! They make great bird houses. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And tell Lily to stop looking so adorable. Lol! Love your Feline Friday posts. :)

Janet said...

Hi, Kimberly Marie! Thanks for stopping by. :) Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and are looking forward to Christmas!
I was hoping to "see" you here so I could let you know that I'm having trouble leaving comments on your blog. It could be me (operator error!) but I have tried several times with no success. Wanted to let you know!

Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day! Lily says hi!