10 October 2017

Care Boxes

 Recently a woman in one of my classes told me about a mission project she works on each year with her friends. I don't know all the details, but they pack boxes of special goodies to send to needy children in various countries around the world. Our church has participated in a similar project in years past, so I was familiar with the general idea.

On the day we spoke, she said she was looking for gently used hair bows. My ears perked up instantly, thinking of the BOXES of my daughter's hair bows and barrettes that are still in our house -- largely because I haven't been able to part with them. That evening I asked her if she'd be OK with letting a few of them go. Of course, the answer was a resounding...YES! MOM! Why are you keeping 24-year-old hair bows???

As usual, Daughter was right. So I dumped them all out on the floor and picked out several to donate to this very good cause. Naturally I couldn't get rid of them all, so I put the remaining bows back in the drawer for safe-keeping. At least for now. :)
 

I also gathered up some other goodies which will bring cheer to kids who have very little. It was so easy to find things that we no longer need tucked away in closets and drawers, and it's gratifying to know that they'll provide a bit of joy, something which is so badly needed in this world!

No comments: