24 April 2020

Feline Friday: Salon Day!

  Lily has been shedding her winter coat like crazy so we decided it was time for Salon Day! We suited her up in her too-tight harness and outside we went.

Reddy to go, Mommie!

 First, we took a little walk down the sidewalk to the driveway....until I spotted a dog walking on a leash a block away. I scooped her up and made a beeline into the garage. I didn't want a repeat of the
DOG INCIDENT. WHEW!

 
When the coast was clear, we went to the patio salon for a good brushing with the Furminator. SO MUCH FUR came off Lily that we could have made another cat or two! YIKES! I brush her regularly inside during the winter and she always sheds, but this was NEXT LEVEL SHEDDING. I guess it was all of that old winter undercoat that needed to be removed.

 

 So much fur came off that I thought perhaps her harness would fit a little better. HA!

 
 

Even though her outdoor gear is a little snug, Lily left the salon looking sleek and pretty! Ready for our Glamour Shot!

Happy Feline Friday!


P.S. I vowed we wouldn't go out again until I found a new harness for Lily. As soon as lock down is lifted, I'm headed to PetSmart! I don't want to buy one without comparing the size in person to her current harness. It must fit her curves, you know! 😻


No comments: