12 July 2019

Feline Friday: The Opportunist

I was in the kitchen one night this week when I noticed a sneaky disturbance at the automatic feeder. Turns out I had left the lid unlatched and A Certain Opportunist detected a whiff of the tasty morsels stored inside.

As is often the best choice, I decided to just let things unfold. 

Our Opportunist literally shoved her snout under the loose lid and lifted it up with the back of her head. While her head was inside, she grabbed (and swallowed whole) as many tasty morsels as she could scoop up.

Then she sat down to re-group, all the while leaving her head inside to prop up the lid.

After a deep breath, back in she went to vacuum up a few more morsels.

 Deeper and deeper she dove...
 

Until she was headless!

Opportunists have to work quickly! This whole incident took just a few seconds before the Meowmy snapped the lid back on tightly. This party was over! 😸

Happy Feline Friday!
jp

2 comments:

Kimberly Marie said...

Silly girl! I just love Lily’s antics!! Your gardens around the house look beautiful, Janet! We are having some pretty hot weather and Summer is in full swing here in the northeast. Hope you’re enjoying some beautiful weather and some fun in the sun!

By the way, I recently took Romeo for his gland expression again, and lots of water is definitely doing the trick! I pushed it to about 3 months, and they were only half full, and neither side was of abnormal consistency. Woo hoo! Hope there’s some improvement for you with Lily!

Janet said...

Thanks so much for your nice comments! We are also having very hot weather and unfortunately, the mosquitoes have been terrible. We haven't been able to be outside much because they're on the attack! Now that the rains have subsided I'm hopeful that they will, too! :)

That is GREAT news about Romeo! So good that you discovered the water solution. I only wish I were having more success with Lily in that department. I tried mixing water into her food but she refused to eat it that way. So I have been giving her chicken broth which she loves and will drink readily. So far, so good! I did catch her doing the dreaded SCOOT a few days ago but her appointment is this week so we're almost there! Thanks so much for the tip! Very glad Romeo is doing better!