13 October 2014

Selling Old Stuff: Vintage Halloween


Back on June 1, I opened a case at one of our local antique malls and so far, it has been going pretty well. Mind you, I have very LOW expectations. I'm not looking to make a lot of money with this operation. As long as I sell enough to cover my monthly rent and make a little (and sometimes it's a VERY little!), I'm good. All in all, it's been enjoyable. Given more time and a bigger space, I think I could really get into it!

I took this picture last week when I stopped by to add a few things to the case. It's getting a bit cluttered, so I'm going to do a major overhaul sometime soon. I'll be adding two wooden display cases to hold some of my smaller knick knacks so I can better utilize the space. In addition, I'll be taking out some of the items at least temporarily and replacing them with new. 

 It's anyone's guess what will sell! At the beginning of October, I added some vintage Halloween items from my childhood to the case. (I do not like thinking of myself as vintage...sheesh!) The pumpkin candy holder, the skull, and the old cups sold right away. Don't worry...I kept several very cool old Halloween items, including my original Trick-or-Treating pumpkin and some vintage Halloween decorations. I'll try to share them on the blog sometime soon.

I unearthed several of my old masks and was surprised at how well-preserved they were! The queen mask sold immediately. I have to say she's kind of creepy!

I don't recall ever wearing these two masks. I'm glad they've gone to a good new home!

I think the spy mask and costume are pretty cool. To my surprise, this one hasn't sold yet.

But some lucky soul bought this witch mask. I have pictures of me in it when I was a witch for Halloween one year. I will say it made a pretty good costume back in the day!


Local friends: If you see any of these old masks out on Halloween, be sure to let me know! :)

Stay tuned for more updates about this new venture!
jp

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Ok so I never had any of those exact masks, but seeing the masks + boxes? That brings back memories of childhood Halloweens! I too have a hard time with "vintage." So many of my own childhood toys are already labeled that. How is that possible?? Best of luck with your booth - sounds like you are already doing well! Oh, and I still have my childhood pumpkin too. My son uses it now. :)