24 November 2021

Tulip Time!

 

For Mother's Day, Bailey sent me a gift card to a local garden center. I decided to use it to purchase tulip bulbs. It's been YEARS since I've planted tulips, and I've never planted them at this house. Give Jay's Dutch heritage and our connection to Pella, Iowa where we met, it seems that we should have a few tulips in the yard!

A few months ago, we had the landscaping in front of our house re-done, leaving a few open areas which are perfect for tulips. With that location in mind, I went off to the garden store earlier this fall.

As it turned out, they were running a sale on tulip bulbs so I used the gift card to purchase not one but TWO bags (that's 50 tulip bulbs...yikes!) and a bag of bulb fertilizer. I already had a bulb digger so I was ready to go!

 

It took a few days but I finally got all the tulip bulbs planted! I used metal garden tags to mark the spots where I put the clumps so I will know where to expect some activity in the spring.

 

 Here's hoping that I planted them correctly AND they make it through the long, cold winter!

 

 I'm already excited for spring! Thanks, Bailey!😊



No comments: