10 September 2021

Feline Friday


 As I mentioned in my last Feline Friday post, we recently returned from a trip to Pennsylvania to visit family and one of the side benefits was getting to spend time with KITTENS. I was in Kitten Heaven for the entire visit. (Of course, now I'm in Kitten Withdrawal...)

But wait...there's more!

I also got to see lots of grown-up kitties, too! This photo shows all of them, minus one who didn't come out from under the bed when I met her. The interesting thing about this group of kitties is that they ALL have the same ginger-colored mama, pictured in the center and bottom left. All of these kitties live with various members of the family, and the other kittens from her litters have been adopted out to wonderful homes.

And you can see the family resemblance between the litters! It seems that Mama always has kittens with similar coloring as she is in a long-term relationship with a local feral tomcat. So the kitties likely have the same daddy, too.

 Mama is going in soon for her spay so it is hoped that this will be her last litter. Although she's a great mama, she deserves to live a life of leisure!

As an aside, I also got to hang out with two wonderful pups, too. Truly, I had a great time visiting with family AND so many furbabies!

Happy Feline Friday!


 

No comments: