02 August 2020

The Card-Maker's Card Basket...

Perhaps you've heard the old saying, "The cobbler's children have no shoes." Well, the same could be said for this card-maker's card basket. It has no cards...just envelopes!


Have I stopped making cards? Nope, not in the least. In fact, since this pandemic situation started in March, I have designed and made 14 different sets of card kits for the store where I teach. One of these days, I'll share some photos of them. Suffice it to say that I've been making a TON of cards...just not for me! LOL

When I took a look at my card basket and realized there were no cards in it -- or at least none that I would want to send -- I knew I needed to spend a little time fillling it back up. 


 I don't send a lot of cards these days but I do occasionally need cards for sympathy, friendship, thank you, or similar occasions. So I spent a little time this weekend making a few cards from scraps.

In all, I made 9 or 10 cards for various occasions and I really need to make several more. I used a couple of different designs that I find work for most any occasion, leaving the insides blank so that I can customize them for particular situations that might arise.

These four cards were made with an old Graphic 45 collection featuring cats and dogs. Someone gave me a few pieces from this line and I've kept it to use for cards. For these two cards, I used the back sides of some of the papers. You'd never guess this line features our four-legged friends! I find with Graphic 45 papers in particular, the back sides are often just as useful as the fronts.


 I love the "C is for Cat" piece on these 2 cards from the same paper collection. I actually had a poster with that same artwork on the wall of my dorm room during my freshman year. These cards could be used as a "hello" or get well card for my cat-loving friends.
 



Now my card basket looks a little fuller and I won't find myself running out to buy a grocery store card or making one at the last minute. Truth be told, it was fun to make a few cards of my own and use up some older product. I really need to take more time for personal card-making in the future!


No comments: