24 January 2020

Feline Friday

I really have to watch Lily anytime I'm cooking, especially if one of her favorite foods is involved. (And let's face it, EVERYTHING is her favorite food.)

Here I've just started to set the table for dinner, only to find her sitting squarely in the middle of it! She knows she's not supposed to be on the table but nevertheless she persists! 😸


Lily has a particular affinity for sour cream. She can detect sour cream from anywhere in the house and she'll leap across counters to get to it.

At the risk of appearing to run an unsanitary kitchen operation (HA!), I will share with you this recent photo.


I had left the room briefly, returning to find Lily had perched herself on the island from which she had an excellent view of the open sour cream container. In addition to that delectable treat, she also detected a bowl of avocado right next to it, something she adores but is not allowed to eat as it is not good for kitties.

Although Lily didn't say a word, I could see that she was clearly calculating the distance to make the jump. Thankfully, she thought better of it, remembering that she's good at many things but jumping isn't one of them. I gently lifted her to the floor and wiped off the island where I'd found her.

Truthfully, making dangerous leaps isn't necessary when you have a mama who will probably give you a taste of that delicious sour cream anyway!



No comments: