10 January 2020

Feline Friday: On the Brink!

Lily, no!

Those were my words this week when I saw Lily running wildly upstairs, jumping up the walls, and finally thrusting her head through the second floor railing over the entryway.

 

 She poked her head so far through the rungs that I was concerned she'd try to leap to the floor below. Of course, it would have been a very tight squeeze!



My mind kept flashing back to 2006 when Lily either fell or jumped from this catwalk, landing near the door. You can read all about it HERE. Fortunately she was unharmed, but Lily and I BOTH lost one of our nine lives that day!


Luckily this time, instead of continuing through the rails, she sat down and just peered intently. Looking over her head, I could see one of her new furry mice on the tile below. Could the mouse be the subject of her keen, nearly death-defying interest?


Happily she soon lost interest, pulled her head back through the railings, and headed off to a blankie for an afternoon nap.

WHEW!

Stay safe, kitties! 😅

No comments: