17 May 2019

Feline Friday

Well, this has been a busy week for me. I had a big class and a few other work-related projects to finish up, then I needed to get a better-late-than-never start on my patio pots and other garden tasks. I feel good about what I accomplished this week, although I'm a little bit sore from using those gardening muscles which haven't been needed in awhile!

In the meantime, Lily has been recuperating quite well from last week's health scare. She has finished her antibiotics and is back to her normal routine. This is what it looks like when you fall asleep whilst playing!
 

Believe it or not, this was the first time in her 12 years that Lily has had to have antibiotics, so I didn't know how she'd react. The ER vet gave us liquid medication and a syringe to squirt it down her throat. Turns out, she is VERY hard to handle and the initial dose was a complete disaster: She foamed at the mouth and most of it came out. From then on, I squirted it onto her canned food and mixed it in. It took more food than usual to conceal the taste (so yeah, we sort of blew our diet...) but at least I knew she was getting her medication!

As the days wore on, I monitored her litter box closely. I had to make a trip to the vet for some tuna laxative to help get things moving again. Luckily, she loves her laxative!

As the week went on, Lily became more active and cheerful. She even asked to be placed on top of the fridge, just to check out what's up there.
 
 
Lily is scheduled for a follow-up appointment with her regular vet next week so we'll see how everything looks at that time. The infected gland was slightly thickened, so we need to be sure it has gone back to normal size. 

 So I'm relieved and happy that she's back to her usual self! 

 Happy Feline Friday!
jp and Lily

No comments: