17 June 2022

Feline Friday: Sanitized For Your Protection

I recently had to take Lily to the vet have her recurring chin cyst drained. She was not pleased about this outing, even though I knew she'd feel better when it was done!


 
 
 While we hung out in the waiting room, she positioned herself as far back in the carrier as possible, hoping she'd somehow make herself invisible. No such luck.They found her anyway!
 
Lily has to be lightly sedated for this procedure and while she was out, I asked the vet to do two things: 

1. Take a look at her teeth to be sure there was nothing going on in her mouth that would prevent her from chewing her food. Lily is a notorious food gobbler and that almost never ends well.

2. Clip off the mats that had oddly formed on her haunches. I brush her almost daily and was quite suprised to find mats on both sides of her hips. Clearly, she's not grooming those areas.


As it turns out, Lily got the spa treatment! While she was sedated, they fixed her chin, looked at her teeth (A-OK!), and combed out the mats with a flea comb (YIPPEE!), something she wouldn't allow me to do. 
 
Then they gave her a complementary nail AND "SANITARY TRIM"! The tops of her back legs, her entire rear end, AND the lower part of her tummy are shaved! I'll spare you the picture because -- sorry, sweetheart -- it's not especially attractive, but here's a picture of one of her legs. LOL



I later learned that sanitary trims help kitties keep themselves clean, so hopefully Lily will enjoy her new look especially for the summer. She doesn't seem to mind and I'm finding it somewhat amusing. Sweet girl, I'm not laughing AT you...I'm laughing with you!

Here's to no more mats -- or messy bums!



No comments: