04 September 2020

Feline Friday

It's been six weeks since Lily's surgery and she seems to be back to normal, or even a little better than normal. One doesn't expect a 14-year-old kitty to be playful but now that she's free from those painful and uncomfortable rear-end issues, she has recovered a little bit of her inner kitten!

 I've seen her jump up on the counter and table -- both naughty behaviors but I am happy to see that she CAN! She's exploring the corner cupboard when I leave it open. She jumps for a toy, something I haven't observed in a very long time. And she's even climbing up onto the mantel where she can properly survey her kingdom!


None of these behaviors may seem like a big deal but in the months prior to her surgery, these types of antics rarely happened. I think her bottom was bothering her so much that it limited her mobility. I wonder what is going through her little mind (Spouse would say "NOTHING!") post-surgery. Is she thinking, "Gosh, I feel so much better now!" ?


 Even if she can't QUITE form the words, I know that she DOES feel so much better and I'm so very grateful for this happy outcome!  

HAPPY FELINE FRIDAY!
Lily suggests working in an extra nap or two during the long weekend!

1 comment:

Kimberly Marie said...

I’m so, so happy to hear this wonderful, positive outcome!!! Sorry I haven’t taken the time to comment on past posts, but I have read every one and continue to thoroughly enjoy seeing them when they arrive in my inbox! I know how much joy and relief your heart must feel to know that Lily feels amazingly better, despite the tough, tiring days of trying to keep on top of things after she had the surgery.

We’re moving into Autumn like weather here. But still have many wonderful and unusually sunny days, which I’m extremely grateful for! Hope you all are hanging in there and doing well these days. It’s so nice that we have each other, our fur babies and our cozy homes to bring us peace, comfort and cheer.

Take care, my friend! Enjoy your weekend and whatever it is that you choose to do! :)