25 September 2020

Feline Friday: Jump!

As I mentioned in last week's post, Lily is "feline" SO MUCH better since her surgery! The most significant change is in her mobility. I can only surmise that her "rear end issues" were making jumping and climbing uncomfortable, if not painful. 

She's never been a skilled jumper like Tinsel was, but she's doing a lot more of it now! In recent days, I've personally observed her jumping to places she hasn't in a very long time. Now, of course, I've seen her up on the table from time to time, but I don't see her JUMPING up there. She will typically CLIMB up to the table via a chair. To see her jump from the floor to the table is new for her!

 

 

 Of course, she's not supposed to be up there, but I allowed it because it's so unusual -- and really good to see that she FEELS like jumping!

I've also observed her jump from place to place. Once on the table, she decided she could jump to the island! Here she's thinking about it...should I do it?

 The next thing I knew, she was flying through the air -- island-bound!

 

In recent days, I also spotted her on the piano, a forbidden place she hasn't jumped on in YEARS. For many years I covered the piano with a throw because Tinsel was keen on jumping up there, but since Tinsel has been gone, I haven't needed to worry about Lily jumping up there. But not now! This is both good and bad as I really don't want her to be up there!

 

 

 





I stayed really close to her to make sure she didn't damage anything (she didn't). I thought she'd jump down and move on to a nice nap, but to my surprise, she decided to be a real dare-devil! Watch this if you dare! LOL


As you can see, Lily is a cautious jumper and measures thoroughly before attempting such feats! Amazingly, nothing toppled over during this jump even though she didn't quite stick the landing. I'll give it an 8/10 but a 10/10 for trying! :)


No comments: