21 October 2010

November Page KIt

One of the fun things I do for Memory Bound is design the monthly page kit. I just finished up the project for November. I have always loved this line of Bo Bunny paper. The colors are perfect for so many fall projects.

For this layout, I printed the title directly on the 12x12 cream background using my wide-format printer. Oh, how I love that printer! If you're in the market for a new printer, you should definitely consider a wide-format model.

I also used Tim Holtz distress ink with the blending tool and splat mat. Shocking as it may seem, I'm relatively new to Tim's inks! I love the look for this kind of project. After inking the die cut leaves, I then sprayed them with Perfect Pearls, which is also a fairly new product for me. As they dried, they curled up a bit...just like real leaves! Memory Bound friends, listen up: If I can use these products, you can, too! Try them out on this project! :)

I wanted the theme of this layout to be about life's blessings, so I found a quote for the journaling block which I really like:

"Life is a series of gifts. Remember to give thanks daily."

Isn't that the truth? We all have much to be thankful for -- not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.


1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

So very true! And a gorgeous page. I haven't tried those inks or the Perfect Pearls. Always a bit behind on the products, but you have me thinking I should pick some up during my next shopping trip. tfs! :)